Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where's the Piper?

We had another fun filled trip to the local children's museum this past weekend. Liam enjoyed some of his usual exhibits including the Houses from different cultures (this area includes a touch screen monitor with software that teaches about areas around the world as well as the animals that inhabit those countries...he loves the African and Asian animals, of course), Dinosaurs, Shadow Wall, Caving and Puppet Show Stage. In addition to these exhibits, Liam encountered some new found fun at the Food Group exhibit where he "picked" vegetables and fruits, placed them in his basket, climbed on the tractor, went to the market and set his table...what fun to harvest, sell and eat yummy foods) and he also had lots of fun in the Open Art Room. He made a great masterpiece with construction paper, glue, feathers, pom-poms, glitter, confetti and foam letters & shapes. He and Daddy also made a masterpiece together. Daddy glued on the letters of Liam's name and painted a nice picture of trees and grass with different shades of green. Liam decided it needed some color and added lots of reds. We agreed that Daddy's picture definitely needed some red Poppies in the field...what a great idea, Liam!

Before leaving the art room, Mommy had a great adventure, too. A lady and her daughter kept asking me, "Do you know where the piper is?" I had asked her to repeat it before answering and explained that this was my first visit to the art room and did not know where it was (I did not know what it was!...and...I almost told her that!!!). I asked Billy if he knew. (All taking place while Billy and Liam are working on their projects.) He looked up at me and pointed to the back of the room where we had been just shortly ago. He said, Babe...the "paper" is on the back wall. He then pointed it out to the lady who was continuing to ask, "Where's the piper, the piper?" I was so embarrassed! And so glad that we where getting ready to leave!

3 comments:

Mma said...

Haven't you learned how to speak southern yet? I guess I need to get you a southern dictionary!Remember when we were in Helen, GA with Memere and Pepere and Pepere couldn't figure out how to make the water flow from the water fountain? A gentleman was passing by and he said (and demonstarted as he said it), "You have to mash it with your foot." After the man left we all laughed so hard because we had never heard such a phrase before and the expression on Pepere's face was priceless. He enjoyed repeated that story for years and years!

...And Liam Makes Three! said...

I'm sitting in the library laughing so hard that I'm having to cover my face...Pepere, you're still making us laugh!!!!

Papa said...

I am so glad Liam loves to visit the children's museum. I also found it exciting, tho' spend most of my time "running" after Liam...boy he moves fast! I felt like the pied "piper". Oh well, next time you will know, so don't fret. When M'ma first came to KY from MA, she asked the student to spell "yard", so he did...."yod". The she asked the class if anyone needed to go to the basement,....well you might imagine the response that got!