Saturday, January 31, 2009

ICE!!!

We've had a crazy week of being cooped up and the ice made it hard to even enjoy the winter weather...no snowmen around anywhere. We did manage to make a few snow angels though. Liam helped do some shoveling which was sooo cute...do you think I'll get the same help in 10 years? Nah, probably not.

We finally made it out of the house today...to the Mickey Mouse store, McDonald's Playland and we're currently at the library. Liam has enjoyed puzzles, books, CD's and now the children's computer. Daddy's soaking it all up, too, as he begins his traveling this week. We're not excited about him being gone but we are very thankful that he has a job! Praise God!!!

Let's hope this week's snow won't be like this past week's ice! And let's hope Liam gets to go to school this week. Mostly for his sake but Mommy's too!

4 comments:

Allenfamilyadventure said...

Hi Amy,

I've heard it was crazy there! We were in Florida while you all were battling the ice. It made me feel a little guilty, but then I looked out at the 80 degree skies and decided I didn't feel TO gulity!! I love the new blog updates. Way to go!

Mma said...

I'm glad that you were finally able to get "out" - even though you were really "in". I know how much Liam enjoys the Mickey store and the library. I'll bet he had fun climbing all around the play area at the golden arches too. Hopefully the snow predicted for this coming week will not become a major added problem for the areas that were so badly hit by the ice. Stay warm and drive safely!

Papa said...

The snow should remind you of your New England days.....the shoveling I won't forget too soon! I like the snow when it is fresh, but not after it sets for awhile. I am glad you, Billy & Liam were able to get out, it is not fun being cooped up for so long. Sorry Billy has to start traveling, but, like you, we are thankful he can do it. Pray for good weather for his traveling. Also, for good weather for M'ma & my trip north later this month. Love You!

Samantha said...

HaHa! I just listened to your voicemail message today and love your coded message about your potential plans this weekend with Liam. You know your kid is smart when you can't even spell out z-o-o! Jeepers, I hope it can't read that! I'll try and catch you tomorrow.