Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ganny's Song

When my Grandmother learned we were expecting Liam, she shared a song with me which she remembered from her school days and sang to each of her children.

A tiny turned up nose; Two cheeks just like a rose; So sweet from head to toe; That little boy of mine.

Two eyes that shine so bright; Two lips that kiss goodnight; Two arms that hold me tight; That little boy of mine.

He climbs up on my knee; For all the worlds to see; Forever you will be that little boy of mine!

I love this song for it's tender beauty and the fact that my grandmother sang this same song to my father...my son's Papa...how special in it's own rite. I've sung this song to Liam over and over each day since before he was born.

So you can imagine why shivers covered by body, my eyes filled with tears and my heart grew with love upon hearing my three year old sing it word by word to me! His sweet, innocent and angelic little voice singing out with a tender smiling and holding his gaze, eye to eye with mine...this is clearly a moment I will never forget all of my years!

2 comments:

Mma said...

All right, now that you have everyone who reads this blog go to tears, what can we say...sob, sob, sob!!!

It is so touching and as you say the fact that Ganny sang it to Papa does make this extra special for another generation of the "Spencer Clan" to share and pass on. Liam has had so many wonderful experiences that were given to him and memories to always have of his Ganny Spencer. How fortunate he has been to have the time with her and know the love that Ganny has for ALL of her children! Priceless!!!

Samantha said...

So very sweet. I have always love her little song too. I remember the first time she sang it to Lilly Kate.