Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Backyard" Skinny Dipping

Liam's Uncle Paul and Aunt Margaret gave him a Dinosaur Swimming Pool for his birthday...what fun...so we thought.

Despite the fact that we exposed Liam to swimming pools from 6 months old, he is very timid around water until he gets acclimated...Plus he still has texture aversions to different things off and on. So when he climbed his new pool slide and slid into the water, he was not happy about remaining wet once he climbed out of the pool. I guess he figured the best way to solve that problem was to strip down to bare bottom! At first we didn't know what or why he was reacting this way but once we realized we figure what the heck...he's only three.

Our only question? Why on earth does the sensation of feeling wet bother him while plopping down in the sandbox is fun, fun, fun?!

2 comments:

Mma said...

Liam doesn't get that from Gandma as I have never liked the feel of sand between my toes or anywhere on my wet body - I guess I still have some texture issues!!!

Samantha said...

It's probably the wet clingy clothes on him. I know a lot kids with sort of tactile sensitivity.