Friday, March 20, 2009

Celebrate St. Paddy's at the....ZOO?!

Yes, of course, we had to celebrate St. Paddy's day....our son's name is Liam McConnell. But, this year, Daddy is traveling on St. Patrick's Day (enjoying, I'm sure, a few pints & an Irish band at a local Irish Pub) and Liam's favorite thing to do is visiting the zoo. So, after school, I picked Liam up and drove to Louisville without any word of where we were headed. We were both sporting our green and had lots of fun...starting with Liam's expression when he realized where we were.

Ganny Spencer has been asking us to spend the night so before we left for the zoo I packed an overnight bag...just in case. Well, Liam was sooooo exhausted after walking the zoo grounds but when I mentioned going to visit Ganny, he perked up right away. We were greeted with a big smile and open arms and then, of course, the question. "Are you going to spend the night?" You should of seen Ganny's face when I replied, "Yes". She was so surprised and had a lot of fun chasing Liam about...too much fun, I do believe.

The next day I took Liam and Ganny over to the a nearby playground. I'm not sure who was the bigger kid as they both enjoyed swinging and making new friends!

Well, this year, we really did have a Happy St. Patrick's Day...Erin Go Bragh!!!

1 comment:

Mma said...

I think both of your "boys" had a fun filled day. As for you, Amy, you always have fun as it is your middle name! You also made Ganny very happy so she was "green without envy".