Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fun with Cousin Erin

As we all know, Liam loves the zoo. He always has fun and recently had an extra special time with Mommy, Aunt Jane and cousin Erin. We enjoyed all the animals from the bats and turtles to the orangutans and lions. Liam and Erin also had fun playing at the zoo playgrounds, riding 'round on the carousel (Liam chose the Gorilla again, I think Erin chose the Lion) and ending our trip with a ride on the zoo train. While on the train, we had an extra special treat and spied the new baby giraffe...what fun!

After our adventures at the zoo, Erin came home with Liam and I for a sleepover. I thought for sure they'd pass out in the car as we enjoyed the zoo ALL day. But, no. They did quite well, however, on the ride home save a couple of moments that took me back to my childhood. It was at this time that I realized that Liam and Erin are exactly the same age apart as my brother and I are...so, I really had to chuckle as Liam tried his hardest to annoy Erin and she tried her hardest to ignore him! After playing outside on the swing set and eating dinner it was time for bath and bed. Since Liam went to sleep first, Erin and I had a chance to play a game of cards. She's really good at Uno!

In the morning we headed to the community center for fun in the pool. Liam loves the little playroom there which worked out great. It gave Erin and I a little girl time/8 year old time before adding Liam to the mix. After a couple of hours it was time to head home for lunch, bath and play. It wasn't long before Aunt Jane arrived to bring Erin home. Both the babes were so beat and ready for some quiet time!

Erin's visit went exceptionally well. I told the two of them that they could be honorary brother and sister. They thought that sounded great and hope to do it again during summer break.

2 comments:

Mma said...

I can just picture you, Amy, thinking back in time of you and PJ on our car trips so many years ago!!!!
I'm so happy that Erin and Liam have fun together. It is great to see Liam with all of his cousins.

Samantha said...

What a fun day indeed. I'm glad that they were able to spend some time together. Life is so much more fun with a friend.